Acting & Making A Film (Advanced)
(5 Week Session)
This course is a combination of two courses: Acting in Film & Filmmaking B.
This is an advanced course for students who have some basic knowledge about acting, and who want to be serious about making their own film. Students must have the proper devices, equipment, and materials needed for successful participation in this course.
What You Will Need:
- A phone or tablet for shooting and editing projects
- A green screen background within an adaptable space to allow for movement
- Adequate lighting and sound
- It is also extremely helpful to the final project to have a 1080p webcam
What you will learn:
- Acting techniques for film
- Understanding of terms used in filmmaking
- Techniques for character development, scene study, memorization, and performance
What’s the big takeaway?
- A customized script developed according to your story ideas
- A professionally edited film, which you can use for your reel
Week 1: Part 1 – Film Acting and how it is different from stage acting.
Part 2 – Develop a story and write a script (our instructor will finalize the script).
Week 2: Part 1 – Different acting methods.
Part 2 – Using/acting on a green screen.
Week 3: Part 1 – Listening and reacting: Rehearsing a scene.
Part 2 – Camera-ready (proper framing, lighting, sound, and what to wear)
Week 4: Part 1 – An actor prepares – memorization exercises and handling script changes.
Part 2 – Getting the big shot (Final checks to make sure everything is ready for filming)
Week 5: Part 1 – Final rehearsal.
Part 2 – Filming the movie
- Sessions 5
- Class Size 4-8
- Duration 90 Min/ Session
- Age Group 8-13
- Location Zoom
- Skills Acting