There’s No Business Like Show Business
What does it mean when we say show business? In this course, students will find out more about the inner workings of the Entertainment Industry. We will define industry terms, jobs, and audition etiquette. We will also learn how the business works and what you can do to set yourself up for success.
This five-week course will help students understand exactly what agents, casting directors and other industry professionals do, what materials are needed to pursue a career in the entertainment industry, and what tools you need for each step of the process. We’ll go over auditions, reels, headshots, and more!
What You Will Learn
- Who’s who in the acting industry and how it relates to the actor.
- Who Casting Directors are, what they do, and how to prepare for meeting them.
- Who Talent Agents are, how to get one, and how to build a relationship with one.
- Overview of materials needed for actors’ marketing packages and how to prepare them. How to prepare for a headshot session, format a résumé, and get a reel.
- How to define your career goals and begin to articulate your brand.
- Lectures 5
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 8
- Assessments Yes