(5 Week Session)
Improvised scenes need a who, what, and a where. This is all about the Who.
In this 5-week fun course on improvisation, students will build on what they learned in Improv A and expand to creating characters, the main ingredient in making scenes go somewhere.
In every class, students will participate in improv games and group exercises designed to explore creating characters through point-of-view, status, goals, and intentions.
This course helps students build awareness of how people communicate through emotion, attitude, and body language. It also teaches how to build connections through relating to others.
Students will leave this class with more awareness of others as well as their own artistic abilities.
What You Will Learn
- What it means to commit to a character
- How to create an emotional life for a character
- How to create their character through supporting another improviser in a scene
- Looking for clues in improvised scenes for who they are and what they do. Move a scene or game forward
- Stronger listening and observation skills
- Sessions 5
- Class Size 4-8
- Duration 50 Min/ Session
- Age Group 8-13
- Location Zoom
- Skills Acting
Login and enroll yourself to the course if not to give the review.